MB&W is environmentally aware and has implemented business practices that support a sustainable environment. Examples of such initiatives include:
- Paperless Work Environment and Organization: All documents received at our facility are imaged immediately, reducing the need for multiple paper copies of the same materials or documentation. Our advanced technology and programming capabilities allow our systems to directly import support documentation to our image system without printing, thus reducing our consumption of paper, electricity, and printing equipment and supplies.
- The collection staff is trained to offer email as a communication medium to customers when providing documentation to customers.
- MB&W’s data-scraping initiative enables us to integrate with our clients’ systems to obtain backup information about accounts electronically and without the client providing paper documentation, increasing efficiencies and reducing carbon footprints.
- Electronic Transfer of Data and Funds: MB&W’s technological capabilities enable us to electronically transmit information, including data files, reports, and financial information via FTP, SFTP, email, etc. ACH payments enable us to transmit remittances directly to the client’s bank account without requiring the printing and delivery of paper checks. The use of electronic transmission and ACH has enabled MB&W to drastically reduce the use of paper products, shrink our carbon footprint, and increase productivity for our clients.
- Recycle Canisters for Paper Products: MB&W employs Iron Mountain, a certified shredding and recycling vendor, to shred sensitive and non-sensitive paper documents by cross-cutting on site. The shredded paper remains are recycled by this vendor as well.
- Dell Computer Program: MB&W uses Dell Computing equipment and when such equipment has reached the end of its lifecycle or becomes inoperable, all information is erased on the machine, and it is recycled by Dell.
- Waste Disposal: MB&W uses a waste disposal vendor that recycles all trash that is picked up.
- Grass cuttings are mulched – not bagged
- On-site Recycle Bins: MB&W has containers for recycling paper and aluminum cans. We are currently researching vendors for the recycling of plastic bottles, utensils, etc.
- Strategically Located Offices: Our facilities are strategically located in Northeast and Central Ohio and we employ individuals from areas across this geographical region. As such, we have relocated staff members to our different locations in the interest of reducing travel time and the impact that such travel has on the environment. Currently, travel time has been cut by approximately 70 minutes per day. Additionally, we encourage car pooling and at this time, 8% of our staff participates in car pooling. We are considering the development of a shared database for staff to voluntarily sign up for car pooling.
- Lights Out!: As part of our ISO policies, all computers must be shut down each night. Additionally, all employees are responsible for turning lights off and desktop computers off at the end of the work day. Designated individuals are tasked with performing a “Light Check” each night to ensure that no lights or electric equipment are left on.
- Temperature kept at 76 degrees during the summer, 68 degrees in the winter
- As part of our endeavor to become a more sustainable, green business, MB&W is researching other areas in which we may implement our green initiative. For example, we are researching motion activated lighting for the restrooms, cafeteria, and common areas.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
MBW and all of its employees conduct business in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. MBW ensures that its employees are ethical, honest, and professional in all business dealings in which they are engaged. MBW’s Employee Handbook contains a comprehensive Anti-Harassment Policy which all employees are required to adhere to, as well.
To ensure that no employee ever feels he/she is being subjected to harassment and in order to create a comfortable work environment, MB&W is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and unlawful harassment. Actions, words, jokes or comments based on an individual’s age, race, sex, pregnancy, marital status, religion, color, national origin, disability, status as a veteran, ancestry, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other legally protected characteristic will not be tolerated. MB&W will not tolerate harassment, discrimination or retaliation, whether commited by a manager, supervisor, co-worker, or non-employee.
MB&W’s employees are prohibited from discriminating against or harassing customers, suppliers and/or vendors, based on race, color, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, age, status as a veteran, ancestry, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation or any other unlawful reason, both in the course of work-related activities and at company-sponsored training or functions.
MBW also believes in giving back to the community through donations to various charitable organizations that benefit a variety of causes in and around the Cleveland, Ohio area, including children with illnesses, victims of domestic violence or abuse, and families in need of food and other essential items. MBW strives to help those that are less fortunate through these donations and hopes that its efforts can positively impact the surrounding community. MBW is a substantive contributor to such organizations as the Make-a-Wish Foundation, Domestic Violence Center, Southeast Hunger Center and the Cleveland Food Bank. At Christmas time, the company and staff come together to help give families in need a happy holiday by donating items such as clothing, toys, food, and other essentials.